Congratulations on your readmission to Charlotte! We look forward to having you return to campus.
Please Note: Your readmission to the University is only good for the semester in you applied and were readmitted.
ENROLLMENT TO-DO List
Now that you’ve been readmitted, it’s time to take action on rejoining Niner Nation. Complete the below actions to restart your 49er journey.
REACTIVE YOUR NINERNET ACCOUNT/MYCHARLOTTE
Visit ninernet.charlotte.edu and click on the “Activate Account” button, then follow the provided instructions. This will allow you to access your University email account, use Connect to schedule an advising appointment, register for classes and other campus resources.
Once you receive your readmission decision letter, it may take up to 24 hours for your Student Self Service to be active. However, you should be able to check for any holds that may prevent registration.
CONNECT WITH YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR
- Most readmitted students will need to meet with their academic advisor before they are able to register for courses. Find your academic advisor’s contact information on your degree audit in DegreeWorks.
- Schedule your academic advising appointment through Charlotte’s academic advising scheduling system, Connect.
APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID, REVIEW IMPORTANT COST OF ATTENDANCE INFORMATION AND APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
- Cost of attendance
- Financial aid
- If you haven’t already, apply for financial aid for the current aid year. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required and is available online. Charlotte’s school code is 002975.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The 2024-2025 FAFSA will be available on Dec. 31, 2023. Please visit this updates page for more information on how to get prepared for its opening.
- Readmitted students are able to apply for scholarships for the upcoming academic year via the NinerScholars Portal using their NinerNET account.
- Visit scholarships.charlotte.edu to set up your NinerScholars Portal account, be matched with eligible scholarships and submit your application(s).
- Most scholarship deadlines are in February, and students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
DETERMINE YOUR HOUSING PLANS
- Living on campus allows you to build a foundation for success at Charlotte. If you are planning to live on campus, review available housing options and submit your housing application online.
- You will need your Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your readmission letter to apply for housing.
- For students not living on campus, explore off-campus options at offcampushousing.charlotte.edu.
SUBMIT YOUR RESIDENCY CERTIFICATION NUMBER
- If you claimed North Carolina residency on your application, and have not already done so, please complete the residency process with the Residency Determination Service to receive your residency certification number (RCN). Provide your RCN to Readmission via the application portal as soon as possible to ensure the correct tuition rate reflects on your bill.
- For residency questions, please contact the Residency Determination Service at 1-844-319-3640 or visit NC Residency.
SUBMIT OPTION HEALTH INSURANCE WAIVER
- IF YOU ATTEND COURSES FOR YOUR ADMIT TERM AND EARN GRADES FOR THOSE COURSES, you will not have to reapply for readmission for future terms.
- Example: If you attend courses during your admit term, Fall 2023, and earn grades for those courses you will not have to reapply for readmission for future terms (unless you do not enroll for 12 consecutive months after attending Fall 2023).
- IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO ENROLL IN CLASSES DURING YOUR ADMIT TERM, you will be required to reapply for readmission.
- Example: If you were readmitted for Spring 2023 and did not enroll in courses (or dropped all courses during the add/drop period and did not earn any grades for those courses), you would need to reapply for readmission in order to enroll in any courses for Fall 2023.
- IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO COME TO CHARLOTTE AFTER SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION, please notify us at email@example.com to withdraw your application.