Undergraduate students who have a break in enrollment from UNC Charlotte for a minimum period of 24 consecutive months or undergraduate students who have a break in enrollment from Charlotte for a minimum of one (1) regular semester and earn an Associate of Arts (AA), an Associate of Science (AS), an Associate of Fine Arts (AFA) or an Associate of Engineering (AE) degree are eligible for readmission with forgiveness.
- Students may be readmitted one time only under this policy, and the forgiveness policy will be applied automatically upon readmission if the student is eligible.
- Students electing not to apply the forgiveness policy may request to waive the policy in its entirety at the time of readmission only.
- If a student is readmitted with forgiveness, only those courses for which the student has received a grade of C or above (or H or P) can be used for academic credit.
- Readmission under the forgiveness policy also resets the student’s W-limit hours (see UNC Charlotte Academic Policy: Withdrawal and Cancellation of Enrollment) to the full 16 hours.
- The GPA will be based only on the courses that return with the student and the courses taken after readmission.
- Eligibility for continued enrollment is determined as in the case of transfer students.
- To qualify for graduation with honors, a readmitted student must have a GPA computed on at least 48 hours taken in residence on which the UNC Charlotte GPA is based.
SECOND BACCALAUREATE MAJOR/ BACCALAUREATE MINOR
Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree from UNC Charlotte may apply for readmission into a program leading to a second major, minor or second degree (see UNC Charlotte Academic Policy: Declaring Undergraduate Majors and Minors). Students readmitted for a second degree are not eligible for application of the forgiveness policy toward the first degree.
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
If you have not earned an Associate degree since your last term of attendance, you may still qualify for academic forgiveness if you have had a break in enrollment from UNC Charlotte for 24 or more consecutive months. Enter the last term you attended Charlotte to see when you might be eligible for Academic Forgiveness under this two-year rule.
This tool does not guarantee eligibility for the University’s academic forgiveness policy. Other restrictions may apply. See the full policy for eligibility qualifications.